I Connected With My Purpose and Everything Changed. Here’s what happened.
November 2022 was a huge month for my ongoing 15-Year Credibility Challenge. I achieved a number of new records:
- 77 New Followers on Medium. More than double my previous record of 32 from the month before.
- $63.73 USD in Medium earnings. More than triple my previous record of $20.44 USD from the month before.
- 1st article to reach 1,000 views in its lifetime.
- Most number of articles published in a single month (approx 30 depending on when they’re released)
- Most number of days for the trading indicator program to operate unsupervised.
So What Changed?
For the first time in seemingly forever, I sat down and developed a strategy, plan, and execution schedule for what I felt called to do.
Not what people expected me to do.
Not what my perception of society informed me I should do.
Definitely not what felt comfortable or safe to do!
Let Me Explain
I’ve always found myself intensely connected to the process of learning, writing, teaching, and sharing. I remember moments of intense joy and excitement when I got to exercise these strengths growing up, and the corresponding times of intense effort I would put into developing these products/experiences/outcomes.
Somewhere along the way, these natural talents got smothered. I experienced a number of years in a wilderness of dissatisfaction as I tried to become someone I actually wasn’t.
I experienced great success in the metrics which I told myself mattered (earning power, team size, expertise), but something just didn’t seem right.
I was constantly stressed to an unhealthy degree.
I couldn’t sleep properly at night (note not because of any medical reason)
I felt a weird sense of dissatisfaction
I was dislocated from my purpose